Sunday, February 15, 2009

Buddy Boy writes back.

So, my friend, Buddy Boy, writes back.

Memo

To: EdBarr, CEO, Idiomatic
From: Buddy Boy

Hey, pal, when I first read your message, it came as a bolt from the blue. I thought maybe you were pulling my chain. You know, I never thought you had that kind of axe to grind. I couldn't see you and the Big Cheese at each other's throats. That would definitely cook your goose.

After reading your message, I wasn't sure you should bury any hatchets but I know you don't like to keep a chip on your shoulder and you're much happier when you clear the air. But I'm here to help you. You won't have to worry about flying by the seat of your pants. I'll bend over backward to help, if you catch my drift.

So, let me give you some food for thought. Before you do anything, don't fly off the handle. Get your sea legs first. Don't get hot under the collar and don't go overboard on this. Keep a low profile for a while, keep your nose clean and keep it to the grindstone. Stay off the record and don't muddy the waters. What I'm saying is put it on the back burner for a while.

I'm not saying you should bury your head in the sand, but Big Cheese could breathe down your neck. Don't drop off the face of the earth but don't say anything that will make you need to eat your words. Get your wires uncrossed. Give yourself some breathing room. Keep it under your hat and all the while keep your eyes peeled. And, for Heaven's sake, it's always a good idea to put your best foot forward.

In the end, you'll be happy you didn't go out on a limb. You don't want to become a thorn in anyone's side. Keep a poker face. Pull your punches for now. This'll be a piece of cake. And, until I hear from you I'll be on pins and needles.

No comments:

Post a Comment